The high point of the evening, though, was Harry Whalley’s Clasp Together (beta), which required Red Note clarinettist Peter Furniss to don a headband in order to control the piece’s electronics with his brainwaves. The score includes thought commands for the performer, the programme notes informed us, and watching Furniss close his eyes and relax his mind to take the piece to its quiet conclusion was unforgettable.
- Film music for ‘Nanna’ written and directed by Steven Aldridge (in production).
- 27/06/2013 – Bass Clarinet and Computer Marij van Gorkom
One Minute piece: New York City starting at 12-Noon (EST):
Ganesvoort Plaza, 5 Ninth Ave, ChelseaAndEdinburgh starting at 4PM (BST):
Summerhall, 1 Summerhall Edinburgh
- November 2013 – Entangled Music
- April 5th: ‘ Jammerwoch’ For Solo Soprano and Orchestra – Edinburgh Contemporary Music Ensemble
- Dec 15th: Live composition and improvisation’ with the Tinderbox Orchestra
- Oct – Nov: Video Installation ‘A Little Harmonic Labyrinth‘ in Summerhall
- Oct 25th – 28th: Speaker at the ’Extending Gesture’ colloquium – Möduis Loop
- Oct 26th: Performance ‘Gigantesque’ played by the Edinburgh Quartet as part of the international conference on Music Semiotics in memory of Professor Raymond Monelle